If you currently use Windows 7 or Windows 8, you have most likely seen the “Get Windows 10” icon in the system tray of your computer. "Why should I upgrade?" you might ask. Here are a few reasons you should consider.
1. The Start menu is back! For those who were not fans of the tiles in Windows 8, rejoice for the trusty Start menu has returned. Included are the METRO styled live tiles than can be customized by you.
2. The Edge browser. Internet Explorer is no longer the browser of choice for Microsoft. Edge was built from the ground up for speed and the rendering the latest web pages. With Microsoft Edge, you can “write” on web pages, read without distractions, and do more online – like receive search suggestions, get instant results on the web, and see your browsing history right on the spot!
3. Continuum. Windows 10 is built for both standard computers and touch PCs. If you've ever thought about buying a hybrid or an all in one, there's no better time than now. You can switch between Windows 10 desktop, your Windows phone, AND your tablet.
4. Cortana has arrived. The digital assistant jumps from Windows phones to the desktop, ready to help you find what you need. Simply ask via voice or text commands and Cortana will search your computer and online for you, making this upgrade the most personal Windows yet.
5. It's FREE!! The upgrade is free for all Windows 7 and 8 users. If you install it and decide you don't like it, Microsoft gives you 30 days from the day you upgraded Windows 10 to switch back to your previous version of Windows.
So, what do you have to lose? Upgrade to Windows 10 today.
Originally written by Gabe Chapa, Applications and Business Skills Instructor
Applications, Business and Soft Skills, Gabe can do it all! As a second time recipient of the Top Performance Award, Gabe strives for the "ah-ha" moment when in the classroom. As a Marine Corps veteran, former student of NHSoCal, and professional with over a decade in programming and software experience, Gabe can relate to both enterprise, military and career changer students. Gabe's key strengths in the classroom are organization, communication and effective use of resources. Gabe is a certified Microsoft Office Master and Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Microsoft Windows 10 TrainingFind Training Courses for Windows 10!