“Education changes lives—technical education certainly changed mine. I will always go the extra mile for our students, doing whatever it takes to help them achieve their goals. I want to be a part of their success and give them the tools they need to excel in their careers.” Dennis Thibodeaux on his training philosophy, and how he conducts his classes.
Dennis earned his bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication at Middle Tennessee State University. His professional background includes extensive experience in Information Technology, from the mainframe era to the modern world of cloud computing and mobile apps. Dennis is considered one of our Subject Matter Experts in Information Security disciplines including network defense, business continuity, auditing, and investigations. He has taught employees of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, U.S. Secret Service, all branches of the U.S. military, NASA, the United Nations, Princeton University, ABC Television, and hundreds of other satisfied clients in the private and public sectors. He frequently appears in the monthly Top Ten list of New Horizons technical instructors, and student evaluations of his classes often praise his use of real-world examples to enhance understanding of complex technical topics.
Dennis is a member of several professional societies including ISACA, ASIS, IEEE Computer Society, and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners. Prior to his Information Technology career, Dennis spent thirteen years in broadcasting, working in a variety of on-air and station management positions.
Dennis is one of select few to have earned all nine credentials within CompTia’s “Professional Certifications” category! He also holds these professional credentials, among many others:
- ISACA Certified Information Security Manager
- ISACA Certified Information Systems Auditor
- ISACA Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control
- (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional
- (ISC)2 Information Systems Security Architecture Professional
- (ISC)2 Information Systems Security Management Professional
- ACFE Certified Fraud Examiner
- ASIS Professional Certified Investigator
- ASIS Certified Protection Professional
- EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker
- EC-Council Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA PenTest+
- CompTIA Server+
- CompTIA Project+
- CompTIA Cloud+
- CompTIA Cloud Essentials
- Technical Instructor, New Horizons
- Instructor, Connecticut School of Broadcasting
- Lead Technology Instructor and Network Administrator, Remington College
- Technical Instructor, Kaplan
- Technology Consultant, Bank of America
- Technology Consultant, Easy Web Commerce
Our instructors are award winning trainers making them some of the best trainers in the world. They routinely receive high marks from their students, and work to provide top-notch training. Each of our instructors is certified in the classes they teach, and that goes for every single class! Click here to read about other New Horizons instructors and team members.