Aaron Hamachi has over 30 years of experience working in technology. Even after those years, he still loves seeing the AH-HA moment when something clicks for a student. With experience as a Help Desk, Field Technician, Systems Administrator, Network Engineer, IT Manager, and part-time Professor, Aaron knows his way around both a classroom and the actual world of technology.
From navigating day-to-day internal and external customer needs to rescuing networks on 3 AM outage calls with all hands on deck, Aaron’s done it all. He brings that real-world expertise to his teaching.
Aaron’s training philosophy revolves around a hands-on approach of a learner-centered/ teacher-managed environment. He believes that the most enriching learning experience arise when students “get the chance to merge their own experiences and concepts to context.”
When Aaron’s not teaching the intricacies of Cisco, he loves to rock out. He likes to play guitar, bass, and drums.
He is a strong instructor with many skills and specialties such as:
- Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security, IP Routing, and Networking Security
- Implementing Cisco Secure Access Solutions and Secure Mobility Solutions
- Implementing Cisco Switched Networks and Threat Control Solutions
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices
- CompTIA A+, Network+, and Security+
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- Certified Hacking Forensics Investigator
- Business Etiquette
- Developing Successful Interpersonal Skills
Our instructors are award winning trainers making them some of the best trainers in the world. They routinely receive high marks from their students, and work to provide top-notch training. Each of our instructors is certified in the classes they teach, and that goes for every single class! Click here to read about other New Horizons instructors and team members.