DoD bootcamp training from NHDoD offer students the ability to take the class as a unit with their peers in a concentrated time frame. Students are also given New Horizons Test Pass Assurance.
Bootcamp programs include the following:
- Live instructor led training, onsite at your location
- Hands-on 5 day class
- 3 months access to practice exam resource.
- Ability to repeat class until the version changes. If the student wants to repeat the “next version” of class, he/she may do so for a nominal rate to cover the new version of courseware and labs (approx. $350 for Security+).
- Exam Fee (valid for 6 months from training date)
- Test Pass Assurance*
What is NHDoD Test Pass Assurance?In the event a candidate fails his/her first attempt on the corresponding certification exam, a
- Students are sent Practice Exam two weeks prior to the class. They are to take the exam and provide the results.
- Students are then immediately Sent Courseware 1 week prior to class to prep.
- They are required to send results back to NH before within one week prior to class.
- Instructor now has pre class assessment to go to prepare for course audience
- Pre Test on last day of class, measure pass rates to market later.
- Students need to have spent 1 to 2 hours in the class labs / week and produce three (3) minimum score of 90% in each domain/category using the Transcender practice exam resource provided by New Horizons prior to taking the corresponding Certification Exam (SY0-501). The student must produce this minimum score while in “Certification Mode.” Students are required to email a screen shot while on the Transcender site showing the required score to their Account Representative.
- Take a Practice Exam prior, and immediately after attending our New Horizons Learning Group open enrollment or private session Security+ class.
- Take the Security+ Certification Exam within 90 days of completing the course. If candidate fails to take the Certification Exam within this 90 day period, the candidate forfeits his/her opportunity to earn test pass assurance.
- If candidate has qualified for Test Pass Assurance, he/she must complete their retake within 30 days from the initial exam date.
- If an Exam Voucher is included on this Agreement and the Candidate fails to take the exam within 180 days from the date of this Agreement, he/she will forfeit the Exam Fee and will be required to purchase a new Exam Voucher upon scheduling the Exam.
- Number of students is based on seat availability and classroom conditions. (Contact your local representative for details)
- Assign a specific Boot Camp Instructor and prep on our process.
- Test Pass Guarantee: if you read courseware, measure ups, Transcender results for 3 x 90% or better then we will honor secondary exam voucher. Instructor comes up with study plan for student based on weaknesses.
The materials provided, the instructor and the test assurance program makes it easy for me to recommend for our unit and other units to look to New Horizons for future training
Andrew Leath | GySgt | USMC Kaneohe Bay - Hawaii
*Test Pass Assurance currently only available for CompTIA Security+ Certification Program
Bootcamps meet DoD 8570 or SECNAV M-5239 requirements on the following certification exams:
- Cisco CCNA (Routing & Switching: 200-125; ICND1: 100-105; ICND2: 200-105; Security: 210-260; Cloud: 201-451, 210-455)
- CompTIA A+ (A+: 220-901, 220-902; Network+: N10-007; Security+: SY0-501; CASP: CAS-002)
- EC-Council CEH (312-50)
- ISACA Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- (ISC)² Chief Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Microsoft MCSA (Office 365: 70-346, 70-347; SQL Server Database Development 70-761, 70-762; Windows Server 2012: 70-410, 70-411, 70-412 70-417; Windows Server 2016: 70-740, 70-741, 70-742; Windows 10: 70-697, 70-698
NHDOD bootcamp Instructors
Your next bootcamp instructor will be the mentor you never had, offering unique insights that blend skill development with real-world application. Every instructor is certified in the courses they teach. With average tenure of 14 years, instructors also have mandatory field experience in each domain. Need extra help on your project, hire an instructor to help you bring that project across the finish line.