GoArmyEd is the Army's virtual gateway to education including the Army COOL credentialing lookup. The Army believes that education is the key to a soldier's success, both personally and professionally. GoArmyEd connects soldiers to Army education counselors, schools, tuition assistance, and your education records regardless of where you are stationed. Here's how to use the portal to find the best certifications for your career and get credentialing assistance related to your current Military Occupational Specialties (MOS).
Army COOL Credentials
A credential is often the most effective way of translating military training and experience into terms that civilians understand. Credentials consist of certifications awarded by independent non-government credentialing agencies and licenses awarded by non-DoD government agencies.
The Army prides itself on life-long learning and it's emphasis on credentialing will be a plus for you. To take advantage of that, GoArmyEd offers the Army COOL website as a resource for:
- Getting background information about civilian licensure and certification in general and specific information on individual credentials including eligibility requirements and resources to prepare for a credentialing exam.
- Identifying licenses and certifications relevant to Army MOSs for enlisted soldiers and Warrant Officers.
- Learning how to fill gaps between Army training and experience and civilian credentialing requirements.
- Learning about resources available to Soldiers that can help them gain civilian job credentials.
While universities can take months to prepare you for a traditional college degree, training to pass a credentialing exam can take just a week or more depending on experience. eLearning can be accessed to refresh on specific topics, but many times a live learning experience such as NHDoD bootcamp training will ensure you get the credential you need with Test Pass Assurance.
NHDoD offers training for over 74 Army COOL approved certifications related to 167 MOS job titles with 87 Opportunities for Promotion Points.
The Army Credentialing Assistance (CA) Program is for all eligible active-duty, National Guard, and Army Reserves soldiers. Credentialing Assistance will pay for all necessary books, supplies, and associated materials required for an approved training course and/or exam. Soldiers may use both Federal Tuition Assistance (TA) and Credentialing Assistance (CA); however, the combined usage shall not exceed the $4,000 fiscal year limit. Funding is provided for voluntary, off-duty training courses and/or exams leading to an ARMY Cool approved credential.
How Do I Qualify?
- Soldiers must meet basic Federal TA eligibility requirements
- Soldiers cannot be flagged under provisions of AR 600-8-2
- Soldiers cannot be a contracted ROTC scholarship cadet (receiving tuition and fees or room and board) or Green to Gold ROTC program cadet
- Soldiers must have enough time remaining in service to complete the credential before separating from the Army
- Soldiers may begin work on their first ‘credential pathway’ upon successful completion of AIT, WOBC or BOLC (Tier 1).
- Soldiers establish eligibility for a second ‘credential pathway’ upon successful completion of ALC, WOAC or CCC or equivalent (Tier 2).
- CA was rolled out in phases and as of January 1, 2020 is now applicable in all US States and Territories.
Steps to Applying for CA with GoArmyEd
The portal enables soldiers to manage their education records, including college classes, testing, on-duty classes and Army Education Counselor support. Army civilians may also use the portal to apply for civilian education, training and leader development events.
- Select your credential from the list of approved Army COOL certifications related to your MOS
- Complete Credential Plan (For NHDoD training use - Vendor Name: New Horizon Learning Group | URL: nhlearninggroup.com)
- Digitally sign your Statement of Understanding
- Activate/Reactivate your GoArmyEd account if it is not active
- Open a GoArmyEd Helpdesk case, select "Credentialing Request" as case type and attach completed Credential Plan at least 30 business days before the class/exam start date (Read: How to Submit a CA Helpdesk Case)
- For reference the NHDoD school training code is: NH002
- Add a note to the GoArmyEd Helpdesk case and attach digitally signed SOU
If you need assistance or would like a DoD training expert to assist you with your request, contact us here.
Your Credential Plan and CA request will route to ACCESS ArmyU who will review your request. You will be contacted if there are any issues or questions with your request. You will be notified via email once your CA request is approved.
COMPLETE THE TRAINING
The final step after applying for CA is to enroll in training for your credential exam.
Enroll an Individual:
- View our New Horizons homepage and search for the certification training course
- Request a quote via the NHDoD Request a Quote Page
- Once we have you registered for training, you will receive an email confirmation from New Horizons Learning Group confirming your registration.
Note: Some NHLG courses may not be listed in the Army COOL portal. To request that a course be added to the portal, please contact wjordan@nhDoD.com
Enroll a Group
You may also use GoArmyEd benefits to purchase Private Group Training — perfect for when you need to train small and large groups at your facility, live over the Internet or at the location of your choice. Contact us for more details.