Windows 10 is here to stay. According to statistics released by analytics firm NetMarketShare Windows 10 saw consistent increases in adoption over the past three months. December - 9.96% increase January - 11.85% increase February - 12.82% increase With this trend looking to continue at a steady 1% increase each month, Windows 10 is poised to equal Windows 7's market share well within this decade. What is notable for businesses in particular is at what expense the conversion to Windows 10 is coming from. Although Windows 7 saw a loss of three percentage points, Windows XP fell from 19% to 11.2% over the past year.
"Among more than 100 businesses that recently attended the TechEd North America 2014 conference, a full 53 percent admitted to still running XP within their organization." (CNET, "Windows XP still runs at more than half of businesses surveyed")As Windows 10 is adopted by consumers, the expectation and demand for this in the workplace will increase. With the majority of businesses still running Windows XP and the support by Microsoft for this OS having ended, there is no clearer storybook ending for Microsoft than the fairy tale of Windows 10. Now it is up to the business leaders of tomorrow to put themselves in the story as the hero that slays the XP dragon. Change can be a scary story. Here are 4 tweaks and tips to becoming a Windows 10 hero.
1. Choose an accent colorSomething as simple as choosing one of the many accent colors Windows 10 offers could set the most worrysome minds at ease. Personalization is the one of the first steps to taking ownership and responsibility of a product. Company color schemes are a popular way to making the OS a favorite of employees
2. Change Edge’s default search engineContinuing with the customization theme, search is one of the top functions performed on a computer. Why not make this function something familiar? In doing so, the relief of recognizable search results are just a click away.
3. Delay automatic updates over Wi-FiThe first step to upgrade was a big one. Take it easy after that and update at will. Be sure that the IT professionals properly trained in the latest updates are managing and overseeing any update pings by Microsoft.
4. Pin Windows apps to the desktopApps are Windows 10's specialty and one of the biggest features of the OS. Utilize the Windows apps that fit the functions of the business the best and there is no doubt employees will function to the power of 10.
- Microsoft Windows 10View all of Microsoft Windows 10 Course Offerings